Evergreen Golf Course
2021 Spring Newsletter
Golf Course Superintendent:
- We are excited to announce that we have a new Golf Course Superintendent to start the 2021 season. Steve Percy will be taking on the position this spring. Steve grew up in Davidson, Sask., and has been honing his golf course maintenance skills in Ontario. Steve is leaving his position as Superintendent at the Ambassador Golf Club in Windsor to move back to his home province. Steve and his family will be arriving to Nipawin in March.
- We would like to thank Guy Beatty for stepping into the Superintendent position late last season after our long time Superintendent Ken Lintott stepped down in August, after 33 years of service. Guy had a short time to figure out some of the nuances of the facility and get it prepared for the winter. Guy has offered to assist Steve in his transition to his new position.
- We are confident that Steve will be able to maintain the course to the quality level we have been fortunate to have experienced in the past.
- We are now accepting e-transfer payments for any of our products or services. We are accepting payments for memberships now if you would like to get a head start in acquiring your seasonal pass. Send payment to email@example.com
Cart Shed Owners:
- With the repairs (shingles/paint/eaves trough) done to the cart shed in the fall of 2019, there will be a surcharge of $50.00 shed/track fee again this year to finish paying for the repairs.
Pro Shop News:
- We are excited to announce that we will be stocking Callaway golf clubs this year. We will have a fitting cart to assist in finding the right specifications for your new club(s). We also have two dates set for a “demo days”, Friday, May 21 and Saturday, June 19. Inquire at the Pro Shop as to the procedures to take advantage of these opportunities.
- We will be carrying Adidas, Antigua and Sun Ice clothing lines along with a new entry for us is the PLYR products. Be sure to check out the great new styles and technical lines this spring!
- Remember that we are able to order equipment from most of the major suppliers, so if you want/need anything please enquire with the Pro Shop staff.
- There are no increases to our membership fees this year! To check out the fees and other golf course information please go to our website evergreengolfcourse.ca
- We are accepting applications/resumes for employment for the 2021 golf season. If you would like to submit a resume, please specify the area of our operation you would like to work (Pro Shop, Course Maintenance, Marshal) and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are unsure of the Covid-19 protocols this year. When we hear from the Government of Saskatchewan and the Chief Medical Officer we will publish our protocols and procedures.
- We would like to thank everyone for following the protocols last season and look forward to the same diligence again this season.