We trust you have been staying well amidst everything going on around us, and are eagerly anticipating the opportunity to get back on the links. We have been diligently working behind the scenes to make extensive changes to our operation that will allow for a safe, enjoyable and comforting round of golf when the time is right. The health and safety of our customers and staff is of top priority to us, and we are here to provide ongoing updates as to what is happening at the Evergreen Golf Course.
In support of COVID-19 precautions and the additional social distancing measures presented by the Government of Saskatchewan and the Chief Medical Health Officer, The Evergreen Golf Course will be taking the following steps. The information below is designed to give a clear outlook as to what you can expect when you play a round of golf with us.
Social distancing of 2m/6ft is required AT ALL TIMES while on the property. This includes the parking lot, pro shop, golf carts, all areas of the golf course – especially tee boxes and greens.
Provincial guidelines, legislation and fines apply while on the property, and must be strictly adhered to. Anyone failing to comply with social distancing or any of the policies listed, will be subject to being removed from the facility and further banned until all such policies have been lifted.
We thank you very much for assisting in making yours and everyone else’s round a safe and enjoyable experience. We will continue to alter the policies as required, and will provide updates when available.
Stay safe, stay healthy and we look forward to seeing you soon!
The Staff & Management at Evergreen Golf Course
Nipawin & District Regional Park Authority
FACILITY & OPERATIONAL CHANGES
- Clubhouse will be closed to start the season, this includes the restaurant and locker rooms, with exception of checking in at the Pro Shop.
- Only the washrooms in the Evergreen main hallway will be available on the entire property with access through the Pro Shop. No on-course washrooms are available.
- Only 2 golfers will be allowed in the pro shop at a time.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available at the Pro Shop. Hand sanitizer is available for purchase to take on the course.
- A golf cart wash and sanitizing station has been installed to ensure every cart is properly cleaned and disinfected before issued to another customer.
- Tee times will be at 20 minutes intervals (previously 8/7 minutes) to ensure proper spacing on the golf course and reduce the amount of traffic on the property.
- Both the driving range and putting green will be closed to start the season.
- Cash will NO LONGER be accepted for payment. Only debit and credit cards can be used. Please consider paying online and/or paying over the phone prior to arriving at the course.
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE AT THE GOLF COURSE
- Due to limited tee times, all players must have a tee time before arriving at the golf course. To make a tee time go to our website www.evergreengolfcourse.ca or call the Pro Shop 1-306-862-4811
- Take advantage of online and/or call-in payments for your golf.
- Ensure that you do not have COVID-19 related symptoms, haven’t left the province within the last 14 days, and haven’t come in contact with anyone that may have COVID-19. If any of these situations apply to you, STAY HOME.
- Plan to arrive at the course no more than 15 minutes before your round. This will help to drastically reduce the amount of traffic before your round.
UPON ARRIVAL AT THE GOLF COURSE
- If you are renting a cart, please wait to be assigned a cart by a staff member. Only one golfer will be allowed on each cart, with the exception being you reside in the same household. Carts will be permitted in the parking lot once you have checked-in.
- If you are using your own cart, please proceed to the designated starting area, Only one golfer will be allowed on each cart, with the exception being you reside in the same household.
- Large signage will greet you as you walk towards the clubhouse with instructions as to how to check-in and proceed with your round.
- Only 2 players at a time will be allowed in the Pro Shop, please ensure the group before has left before entering.
- All golfers must use the hand sanitizer station upon entering the Pro Shop.
- Follow the directions once in the Pro Shop to safely check-in while still maintaining social distancing measures.
- Please ensure the group in front of you has left the 1st tee box before making your way there. All groups must wait until their assigned tee time (20 minute intervals), NO EXCEPTIONS.
AFTER YOUR ROUND OF GOLF
- Maintain proper social distancing of 2m/6ft while unloading in the parking lot.
- Return your golf cart to the appropriate area (follow the signage) so it can be properly cleaned and sanitized.
- All refuse is to be taken home with you, do not leave garbage in the cart for the staff to clean up.
- No congregating in the parking lot allowed. Please exit the facility upon returning your cart.
CHANGES TO YOUR GOLFING EXPERIENCE
- Social distancing of 2m/6ft must be maintained at ALL TIMES. This includes keeping your distance with all course maintenance staff.
- All high-touch areas have been removed – benches, ball washers, and bunker rakes.
- Handshakes, high fives and any other touching gesture are not permitted before, during and after your round.
- Golfers are to take all of their own refuse home with them, do not leave garbage in the carts. All garbage cans will be removed from the property.
- Only touch your own personal items – this includes golf balls, clubs and golf bags.
- Flag poles are to remain in the hole AT ALL TIMES. A “plunger” mechanism has been added to the flagpole so that you can easily remove your ball without touching anything else. Use the head of your putter to operate the “plunger”, DO NOT USE YOUR HAND!
- You may pick up your ball when in a bunker to either, improve your lie by smoothing the sand with your foot, or to play the ball from outside the bunker.
- Beverage carts will not on the golf course to start the year. The Canteen between holes 9 and 10 will be open most days with limited food and beverage options. Tap payment will be available, cash will not be accepted.